Sunday, March 13, 2016

Production Report 8a


Just to preface: I have a very monotone deep voice. Actually, someone in one of my classes asked if I had a good singing voice (which I really really don't) because, in his words, "typically girls with deep raspy voices can sing well." So thank you, guy in my ASL class, for basically calling me the female version of Louis Armstrong. So just keep that in mind.

  • I decided to use Spreaker to create a podcast of one section from my outline (but obviously I went into more detail in the actual podcast). Please don't judge though, it was my first time using Spreaker and talking into a microphone in a room by myself. Plus I have a cold so I don't blame you if you think it's a man talking. I went with Spreaker because it's easy to use, and it's a platform for beginners who are just learning how to create podcasts and work with the conventions of a podcast in general. I mean I wouldn't make/listen to a podcast in my free time, but it is pretty interesting.
  • The actual production of the clip of the raw material was really really rough. I either sounded super bored and monotone or a creepy level of peppiness. So, since I'm an incredibly awkward human, I decided to add another person in so I could make it more comfortable and conversational for me and less cringe-worthy for anyone listening in. Since the raw material was a really rough cut I feel bad for anyone who did happen to listen in (I'm on a PC right now but if I could insert a laughing face emoji right here I would).
  • Outline item: Just the opening which introduces myself and gives a little background about what I'm going to be talking about. Spoiler alert: it's just me talking.
  • Really, really, really rough adaptation of outline item can be found here



No comments:

Post a Comment