Sunday, March 13, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

Wow spring break was such a tease. Now I really want summer to come. I just have to keep reminding myself that as long as I can make it out alive through these next 6 weeks, then I can sleep all day and not worry about deadlines and due dates for a nice long while.

  • So for anyone who peer reviews this project be warned: I am quite aware my voice is not sexy at all and yes I am very awkward. Please keep this in mind as you listen.

  • So definitely a major issue/weakness is that there's not a lot of sound effects and the intro should be more attention-grabbing. It might also be a tad long and wordy? Please help me, any criticism is appreciated (as long as it doesn't make me cry).

  • Wow ok I don't know what any major strengths or virtues are in my rough cut...I mean it's a rough cut? Really anything you have to say would be so so helpful!

  • Without further ado, here's the link to my rough cut (ahhhhhh) here

3 comments:

  1. Marisa,

    I absolutely loved the introduction to your podcast! The clapping made it sound like you were about to give TED talk like presentation on air, and I thought it was unique that you introduced yourself as "Kubacki". Your voice actually sounds completely fine and excited, which gives your podcast that finishing touch.
    As for my suggestions,they all revolve around language. You wrote you were not content with the sound effects. To fix this, I suggest adding some music in after the intro but before you start talking about case studies. I liked the clapping in the beginning, but music might sound a bit more exciting.
    You also wrote about wordiness and the podcast being too long. I can see how this might be a problem, I noticed it while you were talking about the case studies. I think it is great that you have adapted this very relaxed, friendly tone during your podcast, it helps with audience engagement. But the issue is that this sometimes allows for "fluff". When you were talking about what a case study is and telling us not to worry if we do not know what that is and that it is a difficult subject, I found that hard to follow. I think you can take that segment out or condense it. That way you can save time but add it back when talking about why that case study is important and what rhetorical strategies it uses, which is the aim of the project.

    The language you use is already effective, but to further improve, I suggest giving quick explanations of each genre then using the terms from your field to talk about the genre. The audience will pick up on it and by you speaking using terms that are used in the psychology field, the audience has access to somewhat of a psychology discussion, which I think will be very beneficial in the long run.

    Best of luck with finishing the project, you're already doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marisa! I really like your energy in your podcast. Okay, that was off topic, so I decided to do content in reviewing your podcast. (Coincidentally I also covered case studies in my podcast! Science majors, am I right?) Your examples were great but I was having a little bit of trouble finding where you analyzed the rhetorical strategies, and I think you may be able to cut down on extra fluff in your podcast. If your genres were just case studies and TedTalks then you conveyed them both very well! So, really, I would say that you could just cut down on the more superfluous aspects of your podcast, but other than that, I would say well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KUBS!
    Loved the podcast, even though I know you personally this was an incredibly vibrant and engaging podcast...it literally screams kubacki! I really enjoyed it and overall liked the organization and structure of it! Here's a link to my peer review: http://ipass4zona.blogspot.com/2016/03/peer-review-9a.html

    ReplyDelete