Sunday, March 27, 2016

Peer Review 9b

What's a better way to end the night than with a binge session of Vanderpump Rules? Which is, of course, the best reality show in the entire world. And yes I do love hyperbole, thanks for asking. And I guess peer reviewing isn't too bad, especially when I can listen to Kristen and Stassi yelling in one ear and a podcast in the other. Ahhhh now this is living.

  • I decided to peer review Avalon Lubera's podcast, which can be found here.
 
  • I decided to specifically peer review her form in her podcast and the genre conventions that were (or were not) used. I like the calm voice that she keeps throughout the entire podcast. However, a major genre convention that was missed was music and sound effects. I loved the introduction, but adding a "stinger" at the beginning, or even opening it up with a song, could help to get listeners hooked and really listen in to what you have to say.

  • I think that by using more genre conventions of a podcast could help to make the podcast overall more engaging and fun to listen to.

  • I decided to incorporate what the typical genre conventions of a podcast are and how using them will help to draw in more listeners and make for a better overall appearance.

  • I really loved that she used sound bites from her interview in her podcast. That definitely made it more interesting and really helped me to understand what was being said when it sounded more conversational and casual.

No comments:

Post a Comment