Friday, February 12, 2016

Peer Review #2

I thought it was really interesting to see what other people from other classes came up with as far as project 1 goes. I mean, it was a little intimidating, since everyone can see and has the opportunity to point out all the flaws in my paper (and there's a lot of them I know).

 Anyway, one of the peers whom I reviewed, Ben Barnett, also wrote a QRG and you can find my rubric for his grading here. Another victim, I mean peer, who I reviewed decided to do a video essay (Diego Alcantara you brave, brave soul). My rubric for grading his project can be found here.
R., Jamie. "Ron Swanson/Parks and Rec." 2/12/15 via pinterest.com. Licensed for noncommercial reuse. 
  • By comparing different genres with my own, I feel like I have a better, more well-rounded, understanding of exactly what should be included in the postmortem regardless of form. 
  • Ok so I've had overwhelming feedback and I have looottsss to change before Tuesday's class...
    • I need to go back and clearly define the main stakeholders
    • I need to organize my thoughts in a more chronological order instead of throwing information around randomly 
    • I also need to be more specific with my time periods so my audience can clearly get a picture of exactly when all the events making up the conflict took place
  • I always feel weird talking about the strengths of my paper, I mean it's not like this is an interview process or anything. Either way, here are a few based on the feedback I got back:
    • My voice was easy to read and conversational, which can be helpful to get my audience to follow the story line
    • The layout was entertaining and able to capture the readers' attention, which can help when trying to keep an audience engaged and interested
    • The topic was presented in a way that was interesting to learn about, which is a huge compliment as the author since that's literally my only goal with a QRG -- to make people learn something 

No comments:

Post a Comment